South Africa Game Reserve Volunteering
A volunteering experience with bite! Relocate to the incredible setting of the South African bush for the animal encounter of a lifetime, working closely with the entire spectrum of safari wildlife on a working game reserve. This special program calls for animal lovers and outdoor enthusiasts to join the effort to protect Africa’s iconic big game species through park patrols; predator tracking; species surveys and more.
- Ultimate Big 5 experience
- Hands-on conservation management contribution
- Vital field experiential education to contribute to future career goals
- Weekend excursions to Port Elizabeth
During your time at the reserve, park guides and animal experts will instruct you in key skills, including:
- Orientation (how not to get lost in the bush);
- Wild animal behaviour;
- Bush survival skills;
- Species identification, plants and animals;
- Anti-poaching and fence patrol.
Working hours are 8:30-16:30 Monday to Friday with breaks for meals. Food is plentiful and varied, with western favourites available as well as local specialities. Volunteers are accommodated in purpose-built single sex shared dormitories. Weekend excursions to Port Elizabeth are a common feature of the social life at the reserve. Volunteers at the centre come from all over the world, creating a lively community of likeminded individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Comprehensive pre-departure support;
- Local coordinators supervising throughout the program;
- Airport transfers;
- Welcome and safety briefing;
- 3 meals a day;
- Weekend excursions including transport;
- 24/7 UK emergency backup
After submitting this form, we will try and get back to you within 24 hours
- Duration: 4 to 8 weeks
- Departures: Every month