Start your new career
Outdoor Leader Training
Are you looking to explore a new career path? Keen to develop your own personal skills in the outdoors? Our new and exclusive 28-day outdoor training course has been carefully designed with you in mind.
Our highly experienced and qualified instructors provide you with the training, skills, knowledge, and qualifications you need to kick-start your new career! Whether you're looking to lead individuals and groups in the outdoors, or gain transferable skills to deploy in other industries, this course is the ideal entry point.
Based in the rugged surroundings of Snowdonia National Park, the skills and experience gained on this course open a whole range of new and exciting opportunities, in many different fields.
Download the Course Brochure, or contact one of our team to get your new career off the ground!
- Develop your mountain skills and log up to 7 Quality Mountain Days ready for your Summer Mountain Leader Training.
- Gain your Activity First Aid (16hrs) certificate, a nationally recognised 2-day first aid qualification. This is a requirement for your ML award and many other UK NGBs.
- Attend an Off-Site Safety Management Course, providing an in-depth look at the safety management issues involved in planning, managing, and evaluating outdoor activities.
- Complete the National Water Safety Management Program, a Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) UK certified award.
- Start your lifelong journey into paddlesport with the British Canoeing Paddle Awards (Start, Discover, Explore).
- Broaden your medical training on our bespoke Mental Health First Aid course.
Develop your mountain skills and log up 7 Quality Mountain Days ready for the Summer Mountain Leader Training. You will be trained in route planning, group leadership, and incident management. The mountains of North Wales will also expose you to inclement weather, giving you ample opportunity to develop techniques and strategies to operate in such environments. These mountain days, completed with your team and Instructors, will add real value to your Mountain Training logbook.
Summer Mountain Leader Training
Run by members of the Llanberis Mountain Rescue team, this 6-day course covers mountain walking, group safety management, rope work and environmental knowledge. This training phase is a combination of mountain days, skills training, and indoor lectures, and will include two nights of wild camping.
Skills Training & Qualifications
Build the skills necessary to achieve National Governing Body awards. Included in the skills days will be your Activity First Aid (16hrs) certificate, RLSS National Water Safety Management Programme, Off-Site Safety Management course, British Canoeing Paddle Awards (Start, Discover & Explore), and Mental Health First Aid training.
Leadership & Personal Development Workshops
Develop an understanding of leadership theory, group dynamics and individual management in a range of discussions, activities, and workshops. Take the opportunity to define your personal goals and develop strategies to plan and track your progress.
For further information about this training course, please feel free to contact one of our team.
- Pre-training support
- All internal transport
- Accommodation & Meals
- Comprehensive Training
- Qualified & Experienced Gapforce Instructors
- Activities as listed
- 24/7 UK emergency backup
- OLT Logbook with Certificates and Written Feedback from Instructors
- OLT Graduation Pack
Training & Awards
- Summer Mountain Leader Training
- QA Activity First Aid (16hrs)
- RLSS National Water Safety Management Programme
- Off-Site Safety Management
- British Canoeing Paddle Awards
- Mental Health First Aid
- Incident Management Training
- Medical Scenario Training
- Leadership Theory Training
- Presentation & Briefing Training
- Cultural & Environmental Workshop
- Outdoor Industry & Career Workshop
What is not Included?
Flights to/from destination • Travel Insurance • Visa & Vaccinations • Spending Money
What is the food like?
All meals are provided throughout the month long course and will be cooked by the group. Food will be local supermarket fare, hearty and nutritious. If you have any specific dietary requirements, please let us know at least a week before the program starts. Vegetarian options will always be provided.
What type of transport will I be using?
You are responsible for getting yourself to and from the start point of the course. During the course, all internal travel is provided. Internal travel throughout the course will consist of a range of transport types, please give us a call for more information on individual journey details.
Where will I be staying?
You will be spending the majority of your time either in a bunkhouse or camping. Please be prepared for basic accommodation throughout your stay. Bathrooms and kitchen facilities will be shared.
After submitting this form, we will try and get back to you within 24 hours
- United Kingdom (UK)
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Departures: June, September