Costa Rica Marine Adventure
- Become an experienced PADI qualified diver
- Swim with turtles, rays, sharks and dolphins!
- Experience the wonder of the rainforest
- Volunteer on a vital, long term turtle conservation project
- Make new friends for life!
Week 1: PADI Dive Training
On arrival in San Jose you will be met by our local staff and transferred to the laid back coastal town of Quepos, your home for the next two weeks. During your first week you undertake your PADI dive training with experienced professional trainers from the dive school. Subject to your current level of dive experience, you will undertake either your Open Water, Advanced or Rescue training and certifications.
Week 2: Conservation & Research
Armed with your new certification, week two is all about learning different conservation and research techniques including fish and reef biology. This week you will also get to enjoy several recreational dives in some of the stunning marine parks located close to the coast. The variety of marine life in the area is immense and is not uncommon to see turtles, rays, sharks, dolphins and even whales!
Week 3: Rainforest Adventure
Next it’s time to pack up your bags and head over to the town of Puerta Viejo on the Caribbean coast, the jumping off point for your rainforest adventure. With the support of Gapforce Expedition Leader and knowledgeable local guides you will trek deep into the national park to experience the wonders of the rainforest. Sleep under the rainforest canopy and marvel at the incredible wildlife with which you share this magical environment.
Week 4: Turtle conservation
The final week of your adventure is spent volunteering at one of the many turtle conservation projects along the coast. Costa Rica is home to 5 species of turtle of which 4 are endangered so supporting local partners on their work to reverse this trend is a powerful and rewarding experience. The remote project sites and beautiful and you work typically includes beach patrols, hatchery work and site maintenance. Finding a nesting turtle is a true highlight of any trip to Costa Rica!
- Pre-departure planning support
- Airport Pick-up
- Local supervising staff
- All accommodation for the duration of the trip
- Breakfast & dinner each day during weeks 1 and 2
- 3 meals a day during weeks 3 and 4
- Project equipment and training
- All transport between core locations and to/from included tours
- Volunteering project donation
- 24/7 UK emergency backup
- One of the following: PADI Open Water OR Advanced Open Water OR Rescue Diver qualification
- PADI Conservation & Research Distinct Speciality
- 5 Recreational dive trips
- Surfing lesson
After submitting this form, we will try and get back to you within 24 hours
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Departures: February, April, July, November