Join us in Thailand for a blast of cultural immersion and environmental volunteering! Based in Thailand’s original beach resort of Hua Hin, your time is perfectly balanced between cultural immersion and volunteering on the one hand, and pure relaxation on the other.
Discover Thailand’s vibrant culture, volunteer at a mangrove nursery, and even extend your stay by experiencing the ancient art of yoga. Quite simply, the ultimate Thailand experience!
- Broaden your knowledge and immerse yourself in Thai culture
- Sit back, relax and unwind amidst white sand and crystal-clear blue waters
- Get your hands dirty on a community run environmental conservation project
- Help educate younger generations to the importance of environmental awareness
- Take a breath of fresh ocean air and master the ancient art of Yoga (optional)
Cultural Exposure & Beach time:
Start your volunteering experience with a week discovering Thailand’s vibrant culture and stunning beaches in the seaside town of Hua Hin. Your first week is crammed full of cultural activities as well as ample time in the afternoons to relax on the beach! You can look forward to:
- Explore Hua Hin and its famous sites,
- Enrich your experience with Thai cooking and Muay Thai lessons,
- Visit local temples and learn about the origins of Thai Buddhism,
- Enjoy delicious local food at several local street markets,
- Relax and unwind on beautiful, tropical beaches.
It’s time to roll up your sleeves and work alongside local farmers at a community run mangrove nursery. On this project you will help educate younger generations on the importance of environmental conservation and increase community awareness of environmental concerns. Volunteering Monday to Friday, the activities you help with will change according to local weather and nursery priorities, however typical activities during the week will include:
- Preparing the seed and soil,
- Watering and nursing the plants,
- Planting the mangroves,
- Local community and beach clean-ups
- Encourage environmental conservation among local people and students.
Looking to stay longer?
If you would like to extend your stay beyond two weeks this can easily be arranged in week-long blocks. You can choose to either take part in more volunteering work at the mangrove nursery site or, if you fancy some healthy ocean air, why not add on a beach yoga week to end your volunteering trip on a high! Activities for the yoga week include:
- Be guided through meditation and yoga exercises with an experienced yoga instructor, all on beautiful beaches,
- Improve your stress levels, concentration, and overall health,
- Increase your understanding of yoga and its origins,
- After a week of relaxing Yoga and deep meditation exercises, you are guaranteed to come out of this program with your mind and body recharged!
There are no included activities scheduled at weekends. On these days you are free to sightsee and explore the local area independently, join an excursion with other volunteers, or just sit back and relax on one of the many beaches!
Contact one of the team for more info.
- Pre-departure support
- Airport pick-up
- Local project coordinator
- Local support staff
- 3 meals during the week & 2 meals on weekends
- Trips & activities as listed in brochure
- 24/7 emergency back up
- Financial failure protection
What is not included:
- Flights to/from destination
- Return airport transfer
- Transfers between project locations (if applicable)
- Travel Insurance
- Visa & Vaccinations
- Spending Money
- Tipping & gratuities
Who is this program for?
This program is for anyone looking to explore and volunteer in one of Asia’s most ecologically and culturally diverse countries. There is no prior experience required although the minimum age is 18 and you must also have your doctor sign our medical form confirming you are medically fit to participate. All participants must also provide a copy of a police record check from their home country on their first day.
Where will I be staying?
Your accommodation is in the hilly countryside of Prachuap Khiri Khan province amidst splendid green surroundings. The accommodation consists of spacious shared rooms with air conditioning! There is a common area with a refrigerator, hammocks and a large communal swimming pool for you to chill in and relax. Laundry facilities (for a small fee) and Wi-Fi is available on site.
What is the food like?
You will be provided with 3 meals a day during the week and 2 meals over the weekend for the duration of your trip. Thailand is known for its fantastic food and local dishes! Typical meals will include lots of curries, rice, meat, fish, vegetables and fruit, regional dishes vary and local specialties will be made available!
Who will be supervising me?
Throughout your stay, you will have the support and guidance of local project staff. We will also provide you with a 24-hour emergency telephone number so that you can always reach the program manager in the event of an emergency.
What type of transport will I be using?
You are responsible for getting yourself to and from the start point of the program. Your arrival airport transfer is included, your return airport transfer is not included. Internal travel throughout the course will consist of a range of transport types including taxis, public and private buses, and 4x4 vehicles. Please give us a call for more information on individual journey details.
How much spending money do I need?
You will need money for program transfers, extra meals, drinks & snacks, as well as for any activities not on the itinerary. We advise you to budget for £140 / €160 / $200 per week (this is a guideline only).
After submitting this form, we will try and get back to you within 24 hours
- Duration: 2 to 3 weeks
- Departures: Every month