We are passionate about everything gap years and adventure travel. We aim to be the best we can and are focused on providing quality and excellence. If you would like to join our successful and growing team, please get in touch.
At Gapforce, we are proud to offer unrivalled experience in structured gap year programs, volunteer projects and extreme expeditions. Founded in 1989, the Gapforce family takes great pride in organising unique, exciting gap year and group programs that enable young people to become global citizens and make a real impact on the world.
Gapforce offers a unique range of safe and exciting overseas gap year programs, training courses, volunteer placements and school expeditions. Our small and friendly team requires a Program Manager to look after a range of Gapforce global travel programs. We are seeking a customer service professional with a passion for travel, ability to inspire people and great communication skills, along with a desire to develop their career in a fast-growing company. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible promoting and selling a range of Gapforce programs and ensuring a seamless customer journey from initial contact through to departure.
Role & responsibilities:
- Converting inbound enquiries through timely response and follow up process, sharing program information in an accurate and inspiring way, and remaining informed on all aspects of Gapforce programs
- Creating and developing new business through booking and attending school or university events, developing relationships with industry partners, researching and developing B2B opportunities
- Ensuring program information remains accurate and inspiring by regularly monitoring and updating program information across all platforms, ensuring regular articles / updates are generated and shared, and ensuring a consistent flow of reviews, photos and videos from the field.
- Overseeing customer pre-departure experience, including being point of contact for parents and participants, collecting required documentation, sharing program information & updates, ensuring payments received on time, ensuring customer information shared with leader or program partner in timely fashion
- Creating and developing referral business by delivering excellent customer service, following up feedback, collecting school and college information from clients, and developing and overseeing our Alumni network & campaigns
- Ensuring the highest levels of operational standards by remaining informed of and abiding by Gapforce core values, health & safety procedures and customer service standards
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, previous experience in either a sales or customer service role, and have travelled to at least two continents outside of Europe and North America. A background working within the travel industry would be beneficial but not essential.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they are proficient in the following areas:
- Passionate about the benefits of travel
- Able to communicate effectively with wide range of people from different countries and cultures
- Enthusiastic and polite with a strong focus on customer service
- Good sales acumen
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
Salary & benefits
We are offering the following package to the successful applicant:
- Salary: £competitive
- 25 days annual leave
- Workplace pension
- Annual overseas visit to one of our programs
Place / hours of work
Your place of work will be at our head office in Wimbledon. The office hours are Monday – Friday, although you may be required to work outside of these hours from time-to-time should the business require it.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be ideal for this new role to: James Catterall, Managing Director on email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!